The Ultimate Gel Plate Experience
Sold By: Laurie Williams
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION ENDS May 12th! Price increases!
Free Live Preview on May 8, 2023 at 7:30p.m. EDT
Course opens on May 13, 2023 with the first live session for the course on May 15th at 7:45pm EDT.
Discover the exciting world of gel printing and create stunning prints with our comprehensive course. Enroll today and unlock lifetime access to exclusive course materials and a supportive community of fellow artists. Perfect for beginners and experienced artists alike, this course is your gateway to mastering the art of gel printing.
Teri Jones and Laurie Trumpet Williams designed an 8-week course on creating art and prints using a gel plate. The course covers a wide range of techniques, including layering, resist, image transfers, collage and some advanced techniques. Students will receive weekly lesson drops and will also have access to four live sessions where they can interact with the instructors and other students.
In addition to the course content, students will also have exclusive access to a Facebook group where they can ask questions and share their artwork. One of the unique features of the course is that students can join at any time and learn at their own pace. Even if we are in the middle of the "active" eight week session, students can still join. Additionally, after the initial 8 weeks, all training and materials will be available to students to access and review at their own pace.
Registrants will receive lifetime access to course materials and replays, allowing them to revisit the content as often as they like. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced artist, this course is sure to provide you with new techniques and inspiration for your artwork.
A Glimpse of the Course Content and Schedule
Live Paint Sessions Schedule and Information
- May 15, 2023 at 7:45pm EDT – Meet, Greet and Explore
- May 29, 2023 at 7:45pm EDT – Projects Combining Mark-Making, Layering and Resist
- June 12, 2023 at 7:45pm EDT – Advanced Techniques, Q&A
- July 1, 2023 – 10:45am EDT Wrap-up and Fun Explorations with the Gel Plate
Getting Started with the Gel Plate
- What is a Gel Plate and why is it cool?
- Overview of Gel Plate Materials and Tools
- Making Your Own Tools
- Color Theory Basics
- Understanding Viscosity and Transparency of Paint for Gel Printing
Week 1 – Basic Print Making with Gel Plate
- Creating a Simple Background Print
- Using Stamps and Stencils to Creative Prints
- Ghost Prints are Cool, Too!
Week 2 – Gel Plate Mark Making Explorations
Week 3 – Basic Layering Techniques
Week 4 – Advanced Mark Making Techniques
Week 5 – Advanced Resist Techniques
Week 6 – Mastering Image Transfers
- Magazine Transfers
- Laser Print Transfers
- Formatting Your Photos for Laser Print Transfers
Week 7 – Gel Printing with Alternative Medium & Surfaces
- Gel Printing with Pastels
- Gel Printing with Alcohol Ink
- Gel Printing with Sumi-e Ink
- Gel Printing on Fabric
Week 8 – Collagraph Techniques with the Gel Plate
Projects – Putting it All Together – What the Heck Do I Do With All These Prints
- Gel Print Inspirations
- Gel Print Projects
- Floral Collage
- Layered Landscape
- 3D Collage
- Gift Card Holders
- Card Making
- Downloadable Laser Printable Images for Image Transfers
- Cut-out Stencils and Patterns
- Gel Printing Quick Guide