The Ultimate Gel Plate Experience
BLACK FRIDAY / CYBER Monday Sale ends November 28, 2023
Discover the exciting world of gel printing and create stunning prints with our comprehensive course. Enroll today and unlock lifetime access to exclusive course materials and a supportive community of fellow artists. Perfect for beginners and experienced artists alike, this course is your gateway to mastering the art of gel printing.
Teri Jones and Laurie Trumpet Williams designed a comprehensive course on creating art and prints using a gel plate. The course covers a wide range of techniques, including layering, resist, image transfers, collage and some advanced techniques.
In addition to the course content, students will also have exclusive access to a Facebook group where they can ask questions and share their artwork. One of the unique features of the course is that students can join at any time and learn at their own pace. Even if we are in the middle of the "active" eight week session, students can still join. Additionally, after the initial 8 weeks, all training and materials will be available to students to access and review at their own pace.
Registrants will receive lifetime access to course materials and replays, allowing them to revisit the content as often as they like. Whether you're a beginner or an experienced artist, this course is sure to provide you with new techniques and inspiration for your artwork.
A Glimpse of the Course Content and Schedule
Getting Started with the Gel Plate
- What is a Gel Plate and why is it cool?
- Overview of Gel Plate Materials and Tools
- Making Your Own Tools
- Color Theory Basics
- Understanding Viscosity and Transparency of Paint for Gel Printing
Basic Print Making with Gel Plate
- Creating a Simple Background Print
- Using Stamps and Stencils to Creative Prints
- Ghost Prints are Cool, Too!
Gel Plate Mark Making Explorations
Basic Layering Techniques
Advanced Mark Making Techniques
Advanced Resist Techniques
Mastering Image Transfers
- Magazine Transfers
- Laser Print Transfers
- Formatting Your Photos for Laser Print Transfers
Gel Printing with Alternative Medium
- Gel Printing with Pastels
- Gel Printing with Alcohol Ink
- Gel Printing with Sumi-e Ink
- Gel Printing on Fabric
Collagraph Techniques with the Gel Plate
Gel printing on Fabric
Putting it All Together – What the Heck Do I Do With All These Prints
- Gel Print Inspirations
- Gel Print Projects
- Downloadable Laser Printable Images for Image Transfers (over 100 high-contrast images prepared for gel transfers)
- Cut-out Stencils and Patterns
- Downloadable color theory guide.